Here the little tips that you should to know while on holiday in Lombok (Indonesia). Just check the list below what should you do and not.
- Smile and greet people, especially elders.
- Shake hands, gently.
- Accept hospitality and food. You do not have to eat and drink, but it is polite to ACCEPT.
- Say goodbye and thank you when you leave.
- Dress modestly. Women should keep upper arms and thighs covered.
- Bend down and walk around seated people when you need to pass.
- Use only your right hand to eat and to hand objects or money to someone.
- Be sure to sit at the same level as other people.
- Wear a sarong when entering the house of Melokaq (Adat leader) and when participating in ritual and adat ceremonies.
- Enter houses, building or village without being invited.
- Wear shoes inside a house.
- Point at people with your finger. Don’t ever use your foot to point at objects or people.
- Point the bottom of your feet directly at people whilst sitting on the floor.
- Touch anyone’s head.
- Step over people or food on the floor.
- Eat with your left hand, or use your left hand to give or accept objects or money.
- Raise your voice, especially in anger.
Knowledge & Useful Info
Interesting in Lombok
Welcome to the north of Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara, Lombok – Indonesia. Get the completely landscape around.
When it erupts Mount Barujari on Mount Rinjani erupts on October 25 2015
Powered by Blogger.